Since graduating from the National Institute of the Arts in 2001, Hamish has travelled the world photographing assignments in Africa, Europe, and Asia as well as working for numerous high-profile clients in his home town of Sydney, Australia. His images – ranging from photojournalism to sports photography and portraiture – have earned him a range of awards, featuring as a finalist in major competitions including The National Portrait Prize, the Lucie Awards, and the National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year award.
Hamish has also held two solo exhibitions which travelled Australia, featured at Sotheby’s Art Gallery. In the past two years he has extended his skills to cinematography with the documentary Chrysalis.
- 2010 National Portrait Prize Finalist.
- 2009 Sony Projections Finalist.
- 2009 National Geographic Traveler's World in Focus Finalist
- 2009 Head On Portrait Prize finalist
- 2008 Australia-wide Finalist QANTAS Spirit of Youth award
- 2007 Lucie Awards Honourable Mention: Travel & Tourism
- 2007 ‘Watu of Africa’ solo exhibition
- 2006 ‘Mzungu in Africa’ solo exhibition